News | Our Programs & Community
Slices of Pie Newsletter May 2018
Slices of Pie May 2018
Features: STEAM Elementary Summer Camp Now Enrolling, Afterschool Cooking Course at Murray, New Middle School Courses, DHS Video Production Program
Plus: News Around Town
Get Slices of Pie, Subscribe!
Get your slice of local news hot off the press, sent directly to your email inbox.
STEAM Elementary Summer Camp 2018 – Now Enrolling
By Foundation Staff
Learn and have fun this summer! STEAM Elementary Summer Camp features half day academic programs organized by local teachers and qualified educators. Multiple sessions available. Open to students from all school districts – share with your friends from out of town. Register early and save.
Afterschool Cooking Course at Murray Elementary Touches the Mind and Senses
Apr 19 | By Michael Utsumi
For some young people, cooking is simply a means to an end. The ultimate payoff is food. Often what is lost, is the process and a learning opportunity. Through a unique collaboration at Murray Elementary School, DPIE has been able to offer a cooking course that includes elements of literature, culture and science. The Top Chef (instructor) of this program is Kindergarten/First Grade teacher Ms. Lauren Soto-Figueroa.
New Middle School Courses Offered in STEM Summer Program
Apr 16 | By Rich Boschetti
Are you looking for something fun and different for your middle school student to do this Summer? Are you seeking a fun way to stimulate your child’s mind and interest in education? Or are you simply trying to avoid the “learning loss” that many middle school students suffer over the course of summer vacation? Whatever your motivation, the DPIE Middle School Summer STEM Academy may be just what you and your kids are looking for.
Technology Fuels Growth and Innovation at the DHS Video Production Program
Apr 6 | By Michael Utsumi
Without question, one of the most successful and fastest growing programs at Dublin High School is Video Production. In just over three years, we have witnessed an expansion from two classes to five sections. It thrives because of two reasons: Highly motivated students and great vision by its teacher, Michael D’Ambrosio.
- STEAM Elementary Summer Camp – Now enrolling – Learn more & enroll online
- STEM Middle School Summer Program – Now enrolling – Learn more & enroll online
- STEM High School Summer Program – Now enrolling – Learn more & enroll online
- STEAM Afterschool Courses for Dublin elementary schools – Learn more
Social Media Highlights
- Registration now open for our STEAM Summer Camp & Elementary School courses. Open to students from ALL school districts. | Apr 20, Facebook & Twitter
- Through a unique collaboration at Murray Elementary School, DPIE has been able to offer a cooking course that includes elements of literature, culture and science. | Apr 20, Facebook & Twitter
- In celebration of a milestone birthday, in lieu of gifts, Dublin resident and public school supporter, Michelle McDonald asked family and friends to donate to DPIE. | Apr 18, Facebook
- DPIE is introducing six new classes to the Middle School Summer Program, with more diversity of instruction and ways for students to tap into their creative talents. | Apr 17, Facebook & Twitter
- Proud to be a participant at the John Green 10th Anniversary Multicultural Celebration. Board President, Katherine Utsumi, shares her Google Bulletin story | Apr 14, Facebook
- DPIE funded equipment for the DHS Video Production Program last year. We recently sat down with Mr. Michael D’Ambrosio, to follow up on the impact of this new technology. | Apr 11, Facebook
News & Events Around Town
- Chamber of Commerce Ambassador Team Meeting | May 1, chambermaster.com
- Small Business Week Webinar | May 2, chambermaster.com
- Economic Development Speaker Series | May 3, chambermaster.com
- Chamber of Commerce Networking Mixer | May 24, chambermaster.com
- Karl Wente Explores Winemaking at TEDxEmeraldGlenPark: Wine, Wisdom, and What’s Next | Apr 25, Olga V. Mack, onedublin.org
- March For Our Lives Event As Told Through the Perspective of DHS Students | Apr 25, Danielle Tran, thedublinshield.com
- Gael Force Robotics Club To Compete at VEX World Championships | Apr 25, Kyle Shi, thedublinshield.com
- Celebrating Retiring Teacher Carla Huntzinger’s Four Decades in the Classroom | Apr 24, Michael Utsumi, onedublin.org
- Top 10 Reasons for Celebrating Graduation at Disney Parks Coast to Coast | Apr 17, James Morehead, onedublin.org
- Local High School Students Calling on Governor Jerry Brown for Sane Gun Safety Legislation | Apr 11, onedublin.org
- The Future is Female: Highlighting Young Women with Leadership on Campus | Apr 2, Danielle Tran and Ashley Kim, thedublinshield.com
News Around Town, showcases news and events that align with Our Mission: Uniting Local Business & Community for Public Education.
Support Public Education
- Share Slices of PIE with a friend, send them this link (https://www.dpie.org/newsletter/2018-05/) and connect with us: Facebook, Twitter
- Whether you’re a student, parent or local business-we encourage and welcome your participation:
Donate | Partner | Volunteer
Dublin Partners in Education (DPIE)
Uniting Community & Local Business for Public Education
Digital Marketing by Diablo Valley Design
Get Slices of Pie, Subscribe!
Slices of Pie, an email newsletter uniting community and local business for public education.