GearUP | A WorkForce Boot Camp
Mission: To empower high school participants to reach their potential by developing career skills, confidence and real-world work experience.
Students engage in a career preparation course that meets for one hour, two times per week, for a total of three months. Career instructors lead the curriculum and invite community professionals employed in the Tri-Valley area to share their experiences. Dynamic professionals are encouraged to highlight their profession and share their life experience stories such as escaping the killing fields of Cambodia, or, being a third string San Francisco 49’er and making the first string.
GearUP WorkForce Boot Camp, is specifically for the underserved high school students within the Dublin Unified School District.
- Learning communication skills
- Matching personality with career possibilities
- Effective financial management to meet educational goals
- What skills are needed to gain employment
- Employer expectations in regard to dress, demeanor and responsibility
- How to write a resume and mock interviewing
- Life balance
- Panel discussions with industry leaders and professionals
Each student who applies meets all coursework requirements, receives a $400 scholarship from Dublin Partners in Education following their course completion. The scholarship is to assist the student with costs such as building a career wardrobe, transportation costs and technology.
Dublin Partners In Education is grateful to Chevron and the City of Dublin for their support in 2016.