Drawing Contest | DPIE's Art Calendar
What Makes You Smile?
- Open to all DUSD student artists K through 12.
- One winner per each school site.
- One Grand Prize Winner selected from all schools.
- Prizes: $75 Amazon Gift Card to the Grand Prize winner, $50 Amazon
Gift Card to the school site winners, plus other prizes.
- Submissions due by February 23, 2018 at 1 pm
Winning drawings will be published in the 2018-2019 DPIE Art Contest Calendar, which will be sold by DPIE beginning in August 2018 and will feature the published 2018-2019 DUSD calendar. All proceeds from the sale of the calendar will directly benefit student programs funded by DPIE.
DPIE's Art Calendar Contest
Draw, color or paint what "makes you smile" for a chance to win prizes and be published in DPIE's Art Contest Calendar. Open to all Dublin Unified School District (DUSD) student artists K through 12.
Submissions due by February 23, 2018 at 1 pm
- Review the Contest Guidelines below.
- Drawings must be submitted on a 12” width x 6” height piece of paper and will be scanned in a high resolution digital file. Original drawing will not be returned to student and becomes the property of DPIE.
- A completed and signed DPIE Entry & Release Form MUST be included with the student’s drawing.
Download DPIE Entry & Release Form
- Deliver your original drawing and DPIE Entry & Release Form to the DPIE offices at:
6379 Clark Avenue, Suite 200
Dublin, CA 94568
- Office hours: 9 am to 1 pm Monday thru Friday. Please call ahead to verify a staff member is in the office to receive your submittal.
- If you are unable to deliver your student’s drawing to our offices, please call Michael Utsumi at (925) 587-5612 to make other arrangements.
The 2018 Dublin Partners in Education (DPIE) Student Drawing Calendar Contest (“Contest”) is open to any student who, at the time of entry, is enrolled in the Dublin Unified School District.
- One entry per student. DPIE is not responsible for entries that are late, damaged, or lost.
- Artwork should reflect your student’s response to the question: “What makes you smile?”
- Artwork must be the student’s original work and must not have been entered into any other contest, promotion, or exhibition, or otherwise published or distributed.
- All entries and forms must be submitted by 1 pm on Friday, February 23, 2018. Entries received after the Entry Period will not be eligible. For the DPIE Entry & Release Form, see Submission Instructions. All drawings MUST have a completed and signed entry form attached.
- Student’s artwork and signed entry form must be delivered to the DPIE office. For location and details, see Submission Instructions.
- Artwork must be your student’s original work.
- Acceptable media is paper-based material with a picture or illustration rendered by hand by your student with crayons, color pencils, markers or paint.
- Paper size, to ensure it will fit within the ratio and constraints of the published calendar, MUST be 12” width x 6” height (trim to size, if necessary).
- DO NOT include the student’s full name on the front of the drawing. First and last name should be written lightly (but legibly) in pencil on the back of the drawing, in case it gets separated from the DPIE Entry & Release Form.
Judging & Prizes
- Winning drawings will be published in the 2018-2019 DPIE Art Contest Calendar, which will be sold by DPIE beginning in August 2018 and will feature the published 2018-2019 Dublin Unified School District (DUSD) calendar (subject to change after publishing). 100% of all proceeds from the sale of the calendar will directly benefit student programs funded by DPIE. The winners’ Parent/Guardian will be notified via phone/email indicating their student’s drawing will be published.
- On or about March 16, 2018 all eligible entries will be published on the DPIE website by school location and online voting by community members will be available through April 6, 2018. All applicants will be notified when voting is available.
- If a school site does not have an entry, an additional drawing will be considered from the school site with the most entrants to ensure we have twelve (12) winning drawings (one per month).
- The top three (3) entries from each school site, based on online voting, will be presented to our panel of judges, who will be selected at DPIE’s discretion. In the event of a tie, all drawings from that school site with an equal number of votes will be presented to the judges.
- Drawings will be judged based on theme representation, creativity, drawing description (in the student’s own words from the Entry Form), and artistic merit. The entrant with the highest overall score from all finalist will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. The school site winners will be selected from the remaining finalists. DPIE will determine which winners will appear on which months.
- 1 Grand Prize Winner: Drawing featured on the calendar cover, a month in the calendar, and will receive a $75 Amazon gift card.
- 11 School Site Winners: Drawing featured on a month in the calendar and will receive a $50 Amazon gift card.
- Honorable Mentions: Remaining finalists will receive a $10 frozen yogurt gift card.
- Results will be published on the DPIE website - www.dpie.org - before June 1, 2018.
Disclaimer and Release
By completing, signing and submitting the Entry form the Parent/Guardian grants permission to enter his/her student’s drawing in the DPIE Student Drawing Calendar Contest. The Parent/Guardian gives Dublin Partners in Education (DPIE) permission to use the drawing, the child’s first name and last initial, school site location, and current grade level for DPIE Student Drawing Calendar purposes. The Parent/Guardian further acknowledges and understands that the drawing will become the property of DPIE. They further grant permission to DPIE or its agents to use their student’s first name and last initial and likeness in advertising, publicity and other media. Parent/Guardian will be added to newsletter email distribution list, so they are aware when online voting goes live.